Sunday, December 6, 2009

Marjorie Paula Goodman, 1919 - 2009

My beautiful grandmother passed away this week. She was 90 years old, and she was ready to go; she was a devout Christian and she's now in Heaven with my grandfather who we lost in 2001. Grandma Marjie was my mom's mom, and I am so lucky to have been her granddaughter.

When I was growing up, they had a farm in Albany, Oregon, and I spent a lot of time there. My grandmother was a platoon leader for the local strawberry farmer, so every summer, my cousins, my uncle Wayne, and I would hop on the bus (it was parked at their house, and Grandpa drove it!) at a very, very dark early hour and head to the strawberry patch. We picked strawberries all day, and then got back on the bus for the long ride back to the farm. I loved picking strawberries, and I liked the spending money I made.

When Grandma and Grandpa retired, they bought a motor home and joined Thousand Trails. They'd take us grandkids with them camping each summer; we especially loved going over to Pacific City on the Oregon Coast.

Whenever we were all together as a family we ate lots of good food, and we were always telling stories and laughing. My grandma and grandpa were married more than 60 years; they had 4 kids, 9 grandkids, more great-grandkids than I can count, and two great-great-grandchildren so far.

We were blessed to be able to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday this summer; we will all miss her so much.

We love you, Grandma.

j&c, m&t&c


No comments: