Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today is the big day!

This morning at 11:30 is the embryo transfer! Chris and I have both taken today off from work, and we'll leave the house at about 10:15 to head to the doctor's office over in Tempe. I'm then going to have to be very quiet and as immobile as possible for the next 48 hours. I've got my plans--books, magazines, catching up on Days of Our Lives on TIVO, and watching some movies that I've had for a long time that I haven't had time to watch--Narnia and Pride & Prejudice. I'll watch those when Chris is at work tomorrow--he's not that into them! I'll bring the computer downstairs and I hope I'll be able to get online through our wireless network.

Since it's been a while since I've updated the blog, I'll write about our fun trip last weekend. Saturday morning we drove out to San Diego and went to Chuck and Connie's for a barbeque with them, Robbie and Stephanie, and all their kids. Then, all the guys participated in an annual San Diego bike ride--Midnight Madness. It's a 20-mile bike ride that Chris did in under an hour--dodging all the drunks on bikes and making it back safely!

Sunday morning we met Chris's parents for brunch at the Quail Inn in San Marcos. It was so nice to get to spend time with them. Then, we drove back home. It was a quick trip, but we enjoyed it.

Wish us luck, and we'll keep you posted!!

No comments: