Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The New Little Baby Herb

I had my doctor's appointment on Monday for some non-invasive genetic screening of our new little one. The baby is twelve weeks along now, and with a combination of some testing of my blood and an ultrasound, my doctor was able to give me a risk percentage for genetic defects. The risk turned out to be incredibly low--1 in 145 for Down Syndrome and 1 in 902 for Trisomy 18/13. So, right now we feel happy knowing our baby seems to be just fine and healthy. I also got to see a 3D image of the baby! It's incredible. Here are some pics.

The little guys both have colds this week, so they're not feeling very well. I hope today will be better for them.

I'm heading to Oregon this morning for the Oregon Library Association Conference. It'll be fun to stay with my mom, and I'll also get to see Dad and Shari. This weekend we will go to San Diego for a gathering to honor Chris's mom. When we get back, we have two condos to get ready for new renters. Crazy busy times.

Love, j&c, m&t


No comments: